Beauty therapy refers to the services offered by beauty therapists with sturdy knowledge about skincare, skin biology, and all cosmetic chemistry. Unlike beauticians, a beauty therapist went through extensive training to acquire certifications and permit to become a professional in this field. Visit Refine’s plastic surgery clinic in Bondi to know more about their offered services.
Services Of Beauty Therapy
Generally speaking, beauty therapy is the major term used in the beauty industry for facial, body, and skincare. These are non-medical services tailored specifically for whatever the client needs. A beauty therapist is expected to deliver the following services with utmost efficiency:
- Professional facial cleansing e.g. diamond peel, anti-aging treatment, deep cleansing procedures
- Waxing or the process of removing unwanted body hair by using wax
- Threading. Another process of enhancing hair appearance, usually done to eyebrows.
- Laser treatments. There are several services that use the laser as part of the treatment, it can be used in facials, leg toning, and fat reduction procedures.
- Electrolysis. This is a kind of treatment that aims to remove all the hair in a particular body part permanently. It can be done in multiple sessions until optimal results are achieved.
- Hydrotherapy. This refers to the treatments that use water to treat the client. Some of its examples are hydrotherapy bath, hot Roman bath, and balneotherapy.
- Micropigmentation. This is a very popular treatment among women these days. Micropigmentation basically refers to semi-permanent makeup like eyebrow shading, permanent blush, and lip micro-pigmentation.
How To Become A Beauty Therapist
To become a beauty therapist, you must be able to finish short courses and programs along with extensive training. Ideally, the initial certificate that you will be needing to jumpstart your career is the Beauty Therapy-Certificate IV. This program will primarily hone and develop your skills in basic beauty treatments which include mani-pedi, foot spa, and hair waxing.
After acquiring a certificate, obtaining a beauty therapy diploma will be the next step. The course typically focuses on wider and more complex beauty treatments like massage, wellness services, spa, eyelash, and eyebrow treatments. This will also prepare you for providing advice related to skincare and beauty products.
These two are the most essential requirements to become a beauty therapist. However, if your goal is to provide beauty treatments and manage a salon at the same time, you may opt to finish a course in business or salon management. Aside from being a professional therapist, you will also be able to facilitate a salon or spa and provide training for new employees as well.
Why Pursue a Career In Beauty Industry
Pursuing a career in beauty therapy is a rewarding decision to make as it opens many opportunities and options for you. Say that you accomplished all the certificates needed, you will be able to work in any kind of salon or spa and provide a wide range of services and treatment. Hence, resulting in jampacked clients and customers who are hoping to get different kinds of services.
Additionally, beauty therapists are now very in demand worldwide. Despite the economic fluctuation of countries from time to time, women and men are still trying to find a way to relax and pamper themselves. You can basically work anywhere anytime because beauty therapy clients are increasing speedily over time.
It allows you to broaden your horizon as well. Careers of this kind can expose you to different types of lifestyle, demands, and personalities of the clients. By regularly providing services, you are slowly getting trained to become a client-oriented person who can manage customers with different concerns.