Dentistry for children refers to overall diagnosis, treatment, and dental care services mainly for toddlers up to young teenagers. The role of a pediatric dentist is important in ensuring that they grow up with healthy teeth and away from periodontal diseases. Dental services at Dentistry on Solent, a clinic near Stanhope Gardens guarantees good results and optimal oral care solutions.
Why Is It Important
According to dental practitioners, dental checkups for children aims to maintain and keep the natural healthy set of their teeth. The earlier they start visiting a pediatric dentist regularly, the less chance they have in experiencing unpleasant dental problems. One of the main objectives of dentistry for children is to avoid the occurrence of tooth decay, cavities, and other dental issues. Apart from this, they will also benefit from the following advantages:
- Early diagnosis of oral problems that could possibly lead to serious and drastic dental issues.
- They will learn to value dental care as early as possible. Pediatric dentists are also trained to teach children how to properly care for their teeth.
- Their fear of dentists will gradually fade away. Generally speaking, children are usually afraid of dental care procedures because it’s something that’s new to them.
- Dentistry for children will help protect their teeth from decaying and bacteria build-ups.
- This will equip them for their future physical activities. As they grow up, they will start to be involved in different outdoor activities that might lead to accidents, sometimes resulting in dental injuries. Riverlands Dental offers sports mouthguards for your little ones.
Services of Dentistry for Children
Pediatric dentists are mostly committed to ensuring the health and safety of your child’s oral condition. They went through extensive training to be capable of diagnosing and treating dental issues specifically for their young patients. Some of their services include the following:
- Thorough dental checkup. This is done to check if the child’s dental health is in good shape or not. This may include x-ray and physical examination.
- Preventative dental cleaning. A procedure aiming to fight off tooth decay by means of professional dental cleaning and fluoride treatments.
- Give recommendations about diet and eating habits. This is typically for children who are very fond of foods that are high contributors to tooth decay.
- Dental counseling most especially for children below 3 years old. Example: pacifier use or milk bottle nipples recommendation.
- Fixing tooth damages.
- Managing periodontal diseases caused by bacteria.
- Provide dental care for injuries causing tooth displacement, dental fractures, or knocked out teeth.
To guarantee that your child will grow up with great and healthy teeth, make sure to visit your family dentist every six months as recommended.
Looking for A Pediatric Dentist
Before making an appointment with a pediatric dentist, there are some things that a parent should consider. Given that most children are afraid of dentists, it is imperative that a parent find a specialist that can manage and handle their child properly. You may opt to check if the dentist is:
- licensed to be a pediatric dentist
- accommodating to children
- able to provide preventative services
- experienced in handling and managing kids
Your child’s dentist must be able to provide quality services and a hospitable and welcoming environment at the same time. This will to help the child be more at ease and comfortable during their dental visits.